The goal of the worship team ministry is to facilitate our congregation’s expression of love, worship, and praise of the one true Living God. This is accomplished through the singing of psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Our worship leader and the team blend contemporary praise choruses, both old and new, along with a sprinkling of the great hymns of the past, which are performed in modern arrangements. All of these elements, combined together, bring the worship at Calvary Chapel Greeneville to the cutting edge of the 21st century church.
The vision for this ministry is to, with one heart, one mind, and with the sensitivity of the Spirit’s leading, lead the congregation in worshiping God in Spirit and in Truth.
Being on the worship team is not only about utilizing talent, but answering the call to this ministry. A team member must understand the leadership role that he/she must walk. Worship is a lifestyle, and each member must be aware of his/her example to our brothers and sisters in the body. Using our gifts is fulfilling, however, remember that we are not serving ourselves in this ministry, but seeking to serve our brothers and sisters selflessly and humbly… bringing all attention and glory to God. Team members must be committed to unity, for it takes unity among members for the team to function as God intends.
Scripture – I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Romans 12:1
Responsibilities – Team members will be required to participate on the worship team as needed. They are expected to practice and develop their area of skill. At worship services they are to be involved with music preparation, stage set-up, and follow the lead of the worship leader in music and in stage entrance and exit. Also, they must be in a spirit of worship that invites others to join and participate.
Commitment to Consider:
- Enroll in the “Faith Foundations” class
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Attend practices on time before worship services
- Attend additional scheduled practices, 4 times monthly
- Read the Worship Team Ministry Handbook
- Be accountable
- Attend training as required
- Adhere to dress code
- Must have an intimate love relationship with God that is continually growing and developing
Procedure for becoming a member:
- Be a regular attendee of CCGV for 6 months
- Express desire to participate to Gary Hall or Doris Reed
- Fill out Volunteer Application (below) and submit for approval to next step
- Observe rehearsals learning vocal/instrumental parts until the next scheduled tryout
- Try out and interview on scheduled date – must receive approval before going on to next step
- Trial period participation on worship team including all rehearsal and some services for three months
- Acceptance on the team