The vision for this ministry is to clothe all aspects of Calvary Chapel Greeneville in prayer.
Prayer team members must have a daily prayer life and be in fellowship with Jesus Christ. Members will be praying for all ministries of Calvary Chapel including the Pastor and each service. Members will be required to maintain an attitude of prayer throughout each service in order to equip themselves for the privilege of praying for others. Team members must be willing to yield to the Holy Spirit as they offer up prayers for those in need.
Scripture – The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. James 5:16
Responsibilities – Prayer team members will be required to pray for the church, Pastor, speakers, Teachers, worship Team, and body. They will be responsible to pray before, during and after each service. Team members shall be responsible to pray at the front of the sanctuary after each service with those who come forward and seek prayer. In addition, team members shall be ready to pray with those who are receiving Christ for the first time as well as providing them with a new believer’s packet.
Commitment to Consider
- Enroll in the “Faith Foundations” class
- A six month commitment is required
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Maintain an individual daily prayer life
- Attend training as required
- Arrive 30 minutes before service on your scheduled assignments
- Email team coordinator in reference to scheduling conflicts
- Discretion and Confidentiality of all prayer requests must be maintained
- Pray for incoming prayer requests received through e-mail