The vision for this ministry is to facilitate an environment that is conducive to the teaching of God’s Word.
Ushering and Greeting is not an easy calling. An Usher and Greeter must be a gracious host or hostess as well as an authority in maintaining orderly procedures. Ushers are often the first impression a new comer will have here at Calvary Chapel. They will judge you immediately based on your expression, tone of voice and appearance. You must be able to keep a gentle spirit, but at the same time be assertive in directing people where they are to go.
Scripture – Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10
Responsibilities – Ushers will be required to assist the church body as needed.
They will be responsible for the smooth running of the sanctuary before, during and after service. In addition, they will hand out bulletins, usher people to their seats, serve communion and handle urgent situations as needed. Ushers shall also be responsible to collect, count and report weekly tithes according to procedure.
Commitment to Consider:
- Enroll in the “Faith Foundations“ class
- A six month commitment is required
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Read the Ushers and Greeters Ministry Handbook
- Attend training as required
- Arrive 45 minutes before service on your scheduled assignments
- Be at your post 30 minutes prior to service beginning
- After service conduct minor housekeeping of the sanctuary
- Collect tithes from tithe boxes as prescribed